In April, the Halton Region Small Business Centre kicked off its Starter Company Plus program. After months of training and mentoring, participants delivered their business plans for review by one of our Business Consultants and a committee of local professionals and successful entrepreneurs. They then eagerly waited to find out if they were one of the 10 finalists selected to pitch for the program’s $4,500 grant.
On June 20, 2017 our 10 finalists entered the judges’ quarters and made their pitch. The energy in the room was high; displaying passion and excitement, participant after participant shared their vision for their budding business. After three hours of pitches, the judges were left with the tough task of deciding which entrepreneurs would receive funding.
Once all the scores were calculated, 8 winners were selected:
- Deborah Jann – Roll Out Innovation
- Diane Mihalek – DCM Events
- Diane Mitchell – The Good Red Earth Soap Company
- Judy Duncanson – Kitali Human Capital
- Muhammad Farrukh – FRZ Consulting
- Pamela Woodworth – Performance Under Pressure
- Sarah Janson – Little by Little IC
- Susan Archer – Archer Academic