In November 2019, the Halton Small Business Centre kicked off its second phase of the Starter Company Plus program. The program supports aspiring entrepreneurs looking to build their small businesses. The program provides training, mentoring and an opportunity to receive a micro-grant to help run their business. In January, program participants submitted their business plans for review for a chance to be selected to pitch in front of a panel of judges to win a grant.
Of the top 15 pitches, 10 successful entrepreneurs were selected to receive a grant of $5,000. Meet our grant winners!
- Alexandra Corbin – Alexandra Corbin
- Amandeep Jaura – Punjabi Kids Club
- Amena Abdelhady – Mama’s Touch Organics
- Brendan Jones – Lawncut Landscaping
- Emma Baylie – Emma & Co
- Robyn Arthur – Petite Paris French Tutoring
- Ryan Mascarenhas – Goldwyn & Sons Inc
- Sean Jeziorski – Right Way Renovations
- Tara Collins – Medical Image Wigs
- Vanessa Caetano – Steams and Petals Floral Design
Congratulations to all of our Starter Company Plus program participants and grant recipients! A special thank you to our mentors for their time and expertise.
We look forward to kicking-off our second cohort this spring. Follow us at @HaltonBusiness for information about our Fall cohort and how to register to attend a mandatory Information Session.