With Summer 2019 just around the corner, the Halton Small Business Centre team is ready to hit the beach and catch up on their summer reading list. Here’s the top 5 books we’re excited to get reading:
- The Business Model Generation by Strategyzer: This book is a perfect beginners guide to the Business Model Canvas, a visual bird’s-eye view of your business. For those looking to put their idea on paper and reshape that idea before and after its launch, this visual canvas is the perfect tool to organize your thoughts and reviewing how they work together.
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg: In an attempt to curb his cookie eating habit, Charles Duhigg takes you on an in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the science that runs your small everyday actions (habits). Told through intriguing case studies, Duhigg not only shows you the why behind your actions but gives you the secrets to changing them.
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry: A new strategy in the age old quest for success, “Emotional Intelligence” looks at how to become aware of, control and express one’s emotion, as well as how we relate to others. If you’re looking for a step-by-step guide to harness and improve your Emotional Intelligence, this book is for you!
- Entrepreneur Voices on Emotional Intelligence: Hear how entrepreneurs just like you have honed in their Emotional Intelligence to help them thrive and succeed in their respective industries.
- The Bullet Journal Method by Ryder Carroll: Tired of using organizational methods that didn’t fit his needs, Ryder Carroll created his own and it went viral. From the beautiful spread the have taken over instagram’s #bujo to the countless of entrepreneurs who have used the Bullet Journal method to tackle their busy schedules, this book is sure to help you learn how to stay even a little bit more organized.
The Small Business Centre’s free Lending Library is packed with inspiring and educational books that you can borrow for up to 3 weeks. For support or to view our full Lending Library selection, visit the Halton Small Business Centre at 1151 Bronte Road, Oakville or call us at 905.825.6000 ext. 7900.