A good network is invaluable. It can help amplify your company’s message, connect you to the right services, and offer a support system during what may be trying times as an entrepreneur. With that being said, it can also be a challenge to network effectively and bring the right people into your circle. Check out the 5 tips below to get started!
- Set a goal: Before you do anything, decide what it is you would like to get out of the networking session. Are you looking for a service provider? Possible partnerships? A mentor? Having a goal can help focus your efforts and identify who to follow-up with.
- Embrace your company story: Use your value proposition to stand out from the crowd. A founding story that includes a clear value proposition and a little emotion can go a long way in helping other remember you long after the event.
- Give more than you take: Listen to your fellow entrepreneur/professionals needs and offer a suggestion, possible connection or some future reading on the subject matter. This will not only give you a reason to follow-up and stay connected, but also create a foundation for a supportive working relationship.
- Follow through: Everything you do is a reflection on your company’s brand. If you promised to follow-up with a contact make sure you do. This establishes your credibility and creates a stronger foundation for any bigger ask you might have down the road.
- Be professional: As with any interaction, remember to have your manners on full display.