Global Entrepreneurship Week (November 13th – 19th) celebrates entrepreneurs and inspires millions around the world to engage in entrepreneurial activity, while connecting with a vibrant ecosystem of potential collaborators, mentors and local community partners.
To celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week, the Halton Small Business Centre wants to remind you that we are here to help you realize your self-employment dream!
The Halton Small Business Centre offers a variety of resources and services for entrepreneurs looking to start or grown their business. The Centre provides information on business planning, tools and templates, seminars, funding options, one-on-one consultations, importing/exporting, and success stories.
The Halton Small Business Centre is open from Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, with public computer access from 8:30 am – 4:00pm. The following are a list of available walk-in services:
- Public use computers to work on business planning, etc.
- Business name registration
- Marketing research tools
- Lending library
Events & Seminars
- Free 1 hour information session “Getting Started” every Tuesday morning
- Free or low-fee educational seminars at various locations throughout Halton
- Networking and B2B events in partnership with our local community partners
- Summer Company is an entrepreneurship program that provides hands-on business training and mentoring to enterprising students between the ages of 15 and 29, to help them start and run their own summer business. Successful applicants receive up to $1,500 in the spring to help with business start-up costs, and up to $1,500 in the fall upon successful completion of their Summer Company experience.
- Futurpreneur Canada is a national, non-proﬁt organization that provides ﬁnancing, mentoring, and resources to aspiring business owners aged 18 to 39. The Halton Small Business Centre is the local community partner for Futurpreneur Canada in Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville.
- Starter Company Plus is an entrepreneurship program designed to support and strengthen small business by providing training, mentoring and micro-grant opportunities for eligible individuals 18 years of age or older, to start, grow or buy a small business.
- Free one hour, one-on-one consultation with our knowledgeable Business Consultants
- Consultant–on-Site Program provides clients in Milton & Halton Hills to meet with a Business Consultant at the Milton Education Village Innovation Centre or Halton Hills Public Library
- Referral to our Access to Professionals Program, which connects clients with a local industry professional for a free 45-minute consultation
- Outreach with local secondary and post-secondary schools, Canadian Newcomers, Employment, Skills and Training organizations
Take Your Business Global!
- The Halton Global Business Centre assists Halton-based small and medium-sized businesses to succeed in the global marketplace
- In collaboration with partners, including Haltech and government agencies, the Halton Global Business Centre delivers programs and services related to export development and scaling up business operations
- Over the past 10 years, the Halton Region Small Business Centre has responded to over 100,000 inquiries and offered advice to entrepreneurs through more than 10,000 one-on-one consultations
- Learn about how our young entrepreneurs and start-up clients have turned advice into success!
For more information please visit our website, haltonsmallbusiness.ca, call us at 905-825-6000 ext. 7900, or visit us in-person at 1151 Bronte Road, Oakville.