It’s hard to believe that another busy year is wrapping up and we have already planned many events and programs for 2017.
Here’s a recap of what 2016 was like for the Halton Region Economic Development Division:
- The centre continued to deliver our existing programs for Young Entrepreneurs – Summer Company, Starter Company and Futurpreneur Canada.
- We hosted our annual International Women’s Day event.
- Once again, the Halton Small Business Centre partnered with the Rotary Groups in Halton for their Pythons’ Pit Business Plan Competition.
- We held another successful joint networking event with the four local Chambers of Commerce, from Burlington, Milton, Oakville and Halton Hills.
- This year Halton Tourism ran two Harvest Halton events in the fall. These one of a kind culinary events showcased some of the finest local restaurants and produce from all over region.
- Halton Tourism hosted its fourth annual food trail in 2016. This year the Trail was expanded to include more local food offerings and was titled Pumpkins to Pastries Trail. Check out some of these photos of people having fun on the Trail!
- The Halton Real Estate Forum was held at the Burlington Convention Centre. This annual event showcases Halton as a premier place to do business for those in the industrial and commercial real estate and development industry. Please see the link below to download the presentations: http://www.halton.ca/doing_business_in_halton/halton_real_estate_forum_2016/
- We celebrated Global Entrepreneurship Week by hosting various events throughout the week as well as a celebration event featuring our young entrepreneurs.
- In December we celebrated the wrap-up of the Starter Company Program with a Starter Company Appreciation Event.
Here’s a look at 2016 from our perspective:
This will be our last blog of the year, as the Small Business Centre will be closed for the holidays from Monday December 26th to Friday December 30th. We will be open again for business on Monday, January 2nd.
At this time, we would like to thank all of our small business clients, partners and stakeholders who have made this year a special one for us.
From all of us at the Halton Region Economic Development Division,
Best Wishes for the Holiday Season!