As an entrepreneur, you will be pulled in different directions. Getting through the day is not just about surviving; it’s about making the most of your time and being proactive. Setting aside 20 minutes each day to accomplish tasks or maintain balance with your business can be a key to success.
Twenty minutes does not seem like a long time, but you can accomplish a lot in a 20-minute time span. There are a number of different things you can do to benefit your business. Consider the following five options:
- Schedule a 20 minute appointment with yourself every day.
Why is it important to schedule an appointment with yourself? It not only keeps you sane, but also keeps you on track and focused. The appointment can be scheduled at the beginning, or end of the day. During this time, you can review tasks and objectives for the day or prepare for the next day.
- Take 20 minutes to make a few phone calls or send out emails to prospective customers.
Some people find cold calling or emailing new customers difficult. If you break these tasks down into small amounts of time every day, you will reap the rewards.
- Take 20 minutes to follow up from networking events or meetings you have attended. How many times have you collected business cards and then filed or put them away? Take the time to review the business cards and follow up.
- Take 20 minutes to check off what you have accomplished during the day. When you have a sense of accomplishment during the day, it helps keep you positive.
- Take a 20-minute break to rejuvenate your mind. Go for a quick walk or enjoy a light, healthy snack. Taking a break will help you focus better on tasks and feel healthier at the same time.
One of the goals of the Small Business Enterprise Centre is to empower small and medium-sized businesses and provide the right tools and mindset to achieve success. For more information about resources, services, business events and seminars, contact us by dialing 311, 1-866-442-5866, online at halton.ca/smallbusiness, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at 1151 Bronte Road, Oakville. You can also follow us on Twitter and find us on Facebook.