The Young Entrepreneurs, Make Your Pitch is a competition that encourages high school students take their first step towards entrepreneurship. This competition asks Ontario high school students in grades 9 to 12 to come up with a business idea, produce a two-minute video pitching their idea which they can then submit through the competition’s website (along with a signed letter of consent and a typed transcript of their video). Twenty finalists are chosen who are awarded a trip to Toronto to pitch their ideas live at OCE’s Discovery conference and showcase, May 9-10, 2016, in front of a panel of judges from the entrepreneur community.
Now in its fourth year, the Young Entrepreneurs, Make Your Pitch competition is open and accepting submissions up to Wednesday, March 23, 2016!
Competition Dates and Deadlines:
- Video submission deadline: Wednesday, March 23, 2016
- Voting Period: Videos will be judged through a combination of online public voting and a judging panel chosen by the competition organizers. Public votes will make up 40% and the judging panel review will make up 60% of the total score.
- Public voting will open on Monday, March 28, 2016 and close on Thursday, April 14, 2016.
- Finalists Notified: Finalists will be notified by telephone and/or email by Monday, April 18, 2016.
- OCE Discovery Conference: All finalists will be invited to pitch their business idea at the annual Discovery conference at Metro Toronto Convention Centre on May 9 & 10, 2016.
Finalists will pitch their ideas live during the Conference. From the live pitches, winners will be selected and presented with reserved entry into the Summer Company program (Ontario’s young entrepreneur program) where they can develop and run their business while receiving up to $3,000 in a cash award. The winning students will also receive a prize package.
This is the fourth year that the Halton Region Small Business Centre has promoted this successful program in partnership with the Provincial Government. Staff from the Small Business Centre are available to speak on entrepreneurship and the competition at local high schools.
For more information about Halton Region’s Small Business Centre resources, services, business events and seminars, contact us by dialing 311, 1-866-442-5866, visiting us online at haltonsmallbusiness.ca, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at 1151 Bronte Road, Oakville. You can also follow us on Twitter and find us on Facebook.