It’s hard to believe that another busy year is wrapping up and we have already planned many events and programs for 2016.
Here’s a recap of what 2015 was like for the Halton Region Small Business Centre:
- We refreshed our website, to include some new features including aToolbox, in the Resource tab, which offers you quick access to all of our checklists, templates, forms and other helpful documents you need to start, manage or grow your business. We also added an online event calendar featuring our info sessions and seminars, found in the Events and Seminars
- The centre continued to deliver our existing programs for Young Entrepreneurs – Summer Company, Starter Company and Futurpreneur Canada.
- We hosted our two annual events – celebrating International Women’s Day and Small Business Month.
- The centre continued our partnership with Halton Multicultural Council, with our Consultant on Site program and a series to newcomer women entrepreneurs.
- We celebrated Global Entrepreneurship Week by hosting a celebration event featuring our young entrepreneurs.
- Once again, the Halton Small Business Centre partnered with the Rotary Groups in Halton for their Pythons’ Pit Business Plan Competition.
- We held another successful joint networking event with the four local Chambers of Commerce, from Burlington, Milton, Oakville and Halton Hills.
- The centre hosted a second Ideas Forum to share updates on the many youth programs available under the Provincial Youth Jobs Strategy.
- We continued to share knowledge through our seminars and workshops; and
- We created 3 new videos featuring clients of the Small Business Centre as well as participants in our Starter Company and Summer Company youth programs.
Here’s a look at 2015 from our perspective:
This will be our last blog of the year, as the Small Business Centre will be closed for the holidays from Thursday, December 24th to Friday, January 1st. We will be open again for business on Monday, January 4th.
At this time, we would like to thank all of our small business clients, partners and stakeholders who have made this year a special one for the Halton Region Small Business Centre.
From all of us at the Halton Region Small Business Centre,
Best Wishes for the Holiday Season!