National Volunteer Week (April 12 – 18) is a time to recognize, celebrate and thank the millions of volunteers across Canada who generously donate their time and energy.
Volunteers are people from all walks of life with a common desire to make a difference in their community and personal life by giving their time and expertise.
Halton Region Small Business Centre would like to thank the many business professionals who volunteer in our Access to Professionals Program, offering guidance and support to new entrepreneurs and businesses in Halton. Professionals in our group include lawyers and accountants, marketing, human resources, insurance, import/export, website, e-business experts and business coaches.
As members of the Access to Professionals Program, these professionals participate in some of our small business initiatives including mentoring, providing youth entrepreneurship and general business start-up advice, writing articles for our newsletter and the delivery of seminars and workshops.
Our 2015 Access to Professional Volunteers include:
- Evan Brown, CPA, C.A. Evan Brown Professional Corporation, Oakville
- John Nunnikhoven, CPA, C.A. Glen Graydon Wright LLP, Oakville
- Saurin Patel, CPA, CMA, CPA(Illinois), CGMA Saurin Patel CPA, Burlington
- Nelia Taylor, C.G.A. BDO Canada LLP, Burlington
- Oscar Torres, CPA, C.A., LPA Bateman Mackay LLP, Burlington
- Joti Vallabh, CPA (SA) Positive Accounting, Oakville
- Robert B. White, C.A. Business Advisory Associates, Oakville
- Juliet Aurora AIS Solutions, Burlington
- Jacquie Manore Workload Solution Services Inc., Oakville
Legal / Intellectual Property
- Michelle Ballagh, BA LLP Ballagh & Edward LLP, Hamilton (Lawyer, Patent & Trademark Agents)
- Mei Cheung – Patent Agent, P.Eng Patent Hound Consulting, Oakville
- Valerie Edward, BA, LLP Ballagh & Edward LLP, Hamilton (Lawyer, Patent & Trademark Agents)
- Hussein A. Hamdani, M.A. LL.B. Simpson Wigle, LLP, Burlington
- Jeffrey A. Patterson Howitt Law, Georgetown
- Ryan Smith Feltmate Delibato Heagle LLP, Oakville
- Eve R. Wahn, Business Lawyer – Corporate and Commercial Law WahnLaw , Terra Cotta
Marketing and Communications
- Mario Carr Carr Marketing Group, Burlington
- David Ernst MCAN Communications, Oakville
- Wendy Marlow, Marketing & Sales Specialist The Art of Marketing Inc., Burlington
- Elaine Slatter XL Consulting Group, Burlington
- Matthew Bin, Corporate communications and E-publishing Calamus Consulting, Oakville
- Steve Loates e-Commerce Essentials, Burlington
- Andrea Dubravsky ADWebcom, Georgetown
- Bruce Manore Workload Solutions Services Inc., Oakville
We look forward to continuing our relationship in the years ahead.
Are you a Halton professional with knowledge to share? Be part of Halton Region’s Access to Professionals Program. To find out more, contact Halton’s Small Business Centre.