It is hard to believe that it is 2015 – the time has come to say goodbye to 2014 and welcome the opportunity for new beginnings. In order to make the most of this year, it is important to take some time to reflect on the last year. Whether you had an amazing year or a year to forget, use the knowledge you now have to move forward towards bigger and better things.
Here are a few tips to help get you started:
Take time each month to review progress (projects, client base and revenue).
- If you have been in business for several years, compare your annual results.
- Avoid emotional business decisions – Make changes based on facts or research.
- Do not get struck in a rut by continuing to do things that do not work.
- Put a new spin on old projects.
- Consider a new sector or new target market.
- Find a mentor or an advisor.
- Set realistic goals throughout the year.
- Be positive and believe in yourself and your business.
New beginnings can be exciting but make sure you plan out fully what you are going to do. Make specific goals and outline measurable objectives before you move forward and commit your time and money.
Don’t be afraid of endings. It can be a time to celebrate your accomplishments or a time to look at what failed and to learn from it so that you can make better choices.
Will 2015 be a time of change for you and your business? Making a change is not necessarily an easy process, but in the end the choice is up to you!
One of the goals of the Centre is to empower small and medium-sized enterprises and give you the tools to achieve success. For more information about resources, services, business events and seminars, contact us by dialing 311, 1-866-442-5866, online at www.haltonsmallbusiness.ca, by email at email@example.com or visit us at 1151 Bronte Road, Oakville. You can also follow us on Twitter and find us on Facebook.