It’s hard to believe that another busy year is wrapping up and we have already planned many events and programs for 2015.
In 2014 we:
- Held our 3rd annual event celebrating International Women’s Day
- Expanded our partnership with Halton Multicultural Council to present a series to Newcomer Women entrepreneurs
- Hosted an ‘Ideas Forum’ to share knowledge and information on the many youth programs available under the Provincial Youth Jobs Strategy
- Began delivering a new youth program Starter Company, that offers training, coaching and a possible grant
- Continued our existing programs for Young Entrepreneurs: Summer Company and Futurpreneur Canada
- Established a new partnership with the Town of Milton Educational Village Innovation Centre (MEVIC) – our consultants offer consultant on site at this location twice per month
- Held another successful joint networking event with the four local Chambers of Commerce
- Continued to share knowledge through our seminars and workshops
- Expanded our B2B networking program – Meet and Move to other communities in Halton
Here’s a quick snapshot of 2014 from our perspective:
This will be our last blog of the year, as the Small Business Centre will be closed for the holidays from Wednesday, December 24, 2014 to Friday, January 2, 2015. We will be open again for business on Monday, January 5, 2015.
At this time, we would like to thank all of our small business clients, partners and stakeholders who have made this year a special one for the Halton Region Small Business Centre.
From all of us at the Halton Region Small Business Centre,
Best Wishes for the Holiday Season!