If you are between 18-29 years old, you can get up to $5,000 and professional mentoring to start and expand a business in Ontario.
How it works
Through a program called Starter Company, you can get:
- one-on-one guidance from a Small Business Enterprise Centre consultant
- mentoring with a local successful entrepreneur
- access to business workshops on topics from writing a business plan and budgeting, to executing a marketing campaign
- funding of up to $5,000
- experience running a business that will better position you to obtain more traditional financing, such as a bank loan
Who is eligible?
You can apply if you’re:
- an Ontario resident aged 18 to 29
- not attending school full time
To qualify for funding of up to $5,000, you need to be able to contribute at least 25% (in cash or in kind) of the grant amount.
You can apply at any time.
Do you want the opportunity to receive a micro-grant to help you launch your business idea? Getting started is easy as 1-2-3!
Get started today!
For information on the next free orientation session contact us by dialing 311, 1-866-442-5866, online at www.haltonsmallbusiness.ca, by email at email@example.com or visit us at 1151 Bronte Road, Oakville. You can also follow us on Twitter .