From November 12 – 18, Canadians will celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week with events designed to inspire entrepreneurs to embrace innovation, imagination and creativity and inspire more people to consider entrepreneurship as a career. Here in Halton, the Halton Region Small Business Centre in partnership with HalTech, Halton’s Regional Innovation Centre, have planned a series of interactive workshops, panel discussions and presentations.
Presentation and seminar topics include:
- leadership and growth
- business plan basics
- market research
- perfecting a business pitch
- mastering social media.
The week will end with a business tradeshow and networking event where participants will have an opportunity to talk one-on-one with representatives from government assistance programs, local service providers and representatives from our post-secondary institutions.
In addition to the workshops and presentations, three keynote speakers will be joining the event:
- motivational speaker Sunjay Nath will speak on Monday (November 12),
- advisor and media personality Ralph Benmergui will be the lunch speaker on Tuesday a
- Ian Portsmouth, Profit Magazine publisher and editor, will speak on Wednesday.
If you are trying to:
- Develop a business plan
- Put together a sales or investor pitch
- Understand your market potential
- Learn from other entrepreneurs
- Meet advisors and service providers who can help
Then the 2012 Halton Entrepreneurship Week is the place for you! Hope to see you there!
Halton Entrepreneurship Week
Monday, November 12 – Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Burlington Convention Centre
1120 Burloak Drive
To find more information and register online visit: www.haltech.ca
Also check out:
CYBF’s flagship initiative for GEW Canada: the YOU Innovate Canada tournament