Running a business can be a daunting task. It requires focus and flexibility. Waking up every morning with your day planned and tasks to complete helps to push you forward but there are times when you don’t feel like getting out of bed or even going to work. How do you keep yourself inspired? Here are a few tips:
- plan the next day ahead of time
- be realistic with your objectives
- be flexible
- celebrate your successes
- share and listen to others
- keep things as simple as possible
- be in the moment/present at all times
- look for opportunities – don’t wait for them to come to you
- take chances (well calculated chances)
- be positive and believe in yourself
- take one step at a time
- surround yourself with a good support team
- do not be afraid of change
- read success stories
- keep on top of things
- reward yourself
- take a break – go for lunch or a walk
- keep your balance both in business and your personal life (reasonable working hours)
- make time for family
Another way to keep inspired is to write a mission statement for your business. It should be a brief outline stating the purpose of your company. Your statement will guide your actions as a business owner and provide a sense of direction for anyone involved in the company. You may choose to post your mission statement for your clients to see, or it may simply be a guiding mechanism for you and your staff. The key is to use your mission statement; to write it and forget about it is a waste of time. Live your mission and it will often provide you with inspiration and direction.
Here are a few mission statement resources:
Staying motivated and inspired is a very important part of your success. Knowing yourself well, keeping on top of things and planning can help the stress levels of being in business. Surround yourself with positive people. At times it may seem impossible to be inspired, but if you put forth the effort it will come back two fold.
The Halton Region Small Business Centre is here to help you. Call and make an appointment to talk to one of our Small Business Consultants. We can help direct and inspire you through the process. Also, check out our schedule of upcoming seminars. Contact us at 1-866-442-5866, www.haltonsmallbusiness.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at 1151 Bronte Road, Oakville. You can also follow us on Twitter @haltonecdev and Facebook at www.facebook.com/HaltonSBEC.